Aintree International Equestrian Centre (Trading as Aintree Racecourse Developments Terms and Conditions
Aintree International Equestrian Centre Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to all competitors and spectators and must be adhered to at all times. Entry into any competition, including the hire of the Centre, shall be deemed an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Aintree International Equestrian Centre and Aintree Racecourse reserve the right to refuse entry/hire without stating the reason, to cancel the competition and all rights of admission.
3. Aintree International Equestrian Centre and Aintree Racecourse do not accept any responsibility or liability for any injury, accident, damage or illness to any person, property or animal whatsoever, or for any loss whatsoever, arising out of, or occurring at any competition, show or event. It shall be a condition of entry/hire of the Centre that each entrant shall indemnify the organisers against any legal action whatsoever arising from any accident.
4. All competitors and attendees must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the officials and stewards.
5. All entry and hire fees include VAT@20%. All entries and hire fees must be paid for in full prior to leaving the Centre. A £15 administration fee will be payable on any outstanding accounts or dishonoured cheques, plus interest.
6. Prize money not collected on the day will be forfeited.
7. All horses and ponies competing or using the Centre must be fully vaccinated against equine flu.
8. No entry or stable fees will be refunded.
9. A £20 cash deposit must be paid to the Stable Manager on arrival and will be returned once the stable has been inspected and has been fully emptied of bedding and hay.
10. All vehicles should be parked sensibly and enough room must be left for emergency access.
11. No dogs are allowed on the Racecourse (except registered guide dogs).
12. Smoking is strictly forbidden in the stable area and in all buildings. Cigarette butts must be disposed of safely and in the bins provided.
13. Any individual seen to be causing distress or suffering to any animal will be asked to leave the Racecourse and may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
14. No horse or pony under the age of 4 years shall be ridden at any competition.
15. Any persons responsible for a stallion must ensure that they are secure at all times including within the stables and the collecting ring, and correctly displaying the appropriate FEI approved ribbons and discs.
16. BRITISH STANDARD APPROVED HARD HATS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN MOUNTED. Full and correct attire must be worn by all competitors when competing or hiring the Centre. For show jumping all competitors and grooms, when mounted, must wear a British Standard skull/hard hat, which must be fastened. Failure to do so will incur elimination.
17. Any competitor who is considered by the organisers, stewards, judges to have received outside assistance without prior permission, will be eliminated from their Class.
18. It is the owners/riders responsibility to ensure that horses/ponies are the correct height for their Class.
20. The decision of the Judge on the day in all Classes will be final.
21. Horses and/or ponies must not be left unattended at any time when tied outside Horseboxes or trailers.
22. No horse and/or pony may be lunged in any area of the Racecourse.
23. Please also note that the Collecting Ring area is for the purpose of warming up. It is strictly not a viewing or standing area, nor is it to be used by anyone other than those entered in the current Class.
24. Photographs will be taken at Equestrian and Racecourse events by a professional, licenced photographer who has been approved by ARDL. Aintree reserve the right to use these photographs for advertising purposes to promote future events. No other photographers are permitted to photograph the event.
25. Competitors are requested, prior to leaving, to clean up any droppings, hay, straw or shavings from around their horsebox/trailer and to dispose of these at home.
26. Any person causing any damage, disruption or unwanted behaviour will be asked to leave the premises and will not be permitted to participate any further in the show.
27. Parents or guardians are deemed responsible for their children and they must be supervised at all times.
28. It is recommended that all vehicles are fitted with a fire extinguisher.
29. Aintree International Equestrian Centre reserves the right to alter any schedule at any time without prior notice. Closing dates for all shows may be altered if the classes are full.
30. Please also refer to the Aintree Racecourse Terms and Conditions which can be found at http://aintree.thejockeyclub.co.uk/pr-policies/terms-conditions.
32. Aintree Racecourse Developments Ltd use Horse Monkey as their chosen event administration system. Entry form details will be added to this system to inform competitors that their entries have been received. If competitors do not wish for this information to be shared with our chosen entry system, then we will not be able to process and accept your entry.
33. All persons entering onto the Racecourse, by virtue of admission, agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the General Rules of the Competition.
STARS SHOW SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
STARS Champion of Champions Rules and Conditions of Qualiﬁcation and Entry
1 Qualiﬁcation will be taken from points accrued over the season which give rise to your Champion, Reserve or 2nd Reserve for each relevant section across your year’s competition (to have competed in a minimum of 3 shows). The ﬁrst option of representing your Club MUST be oﬀered to your Champion of each section. Should they be unable to send you may oﬀer the place to the Reserve; followed by the 2nd Reserve. Only these exhibitors/animals are eligible for qualiﬁcation. It will be a condition of Aﬃliation that you keep a running points totals sheet for each animal/section. This must be submitted to STARS, fully totaled up, within 7 days of your last summer season’s event. We will use this to conﬁrm eligible exhibits and send out the relevant Golden Tickets.
2. An exhibit may compete in more that one section at the Championships providing they meet the criteria above for each section.
3. Riders and handlers must be current members of the Club which they represent.
4. Clubs must hold a MINIMUM of 3 Shows across the current year from which points can be accrued.
5. No change of combination of horse/pony rider/handler is permitted from that which qualiﬁed through their Club. Should any horse/pony be sold before this competition on takes place the qualiﬁcation will be oﬀered to the next eligible exhibit (Res/2nd Res).
6. No horse/pony can compete at STARS if they have qualiﬁed for HOYS in the current year.
7. No person who has a conviction (or pending conviction) for animal cruelty will be permitted to compete.
8. Ages for all horse/ponies are taken as at 1st January in the current year.
9. No horse/pony under 4 years of age may be ridden on the Showground.
10. Competitors MUST be a minimum of 3 years of age to ride any horse/pony on the Showground. Anyone leading a LR pony must be a minimum of 16 years. Riders in LR and FR classes MUST use a snaﬄe bridle only.
11. Any stallions must be ridden/handled by a competent person with a minimum age of 14 years.
12. Full and correct are must be worn by all competitors and their grooms. All riders must wear correctly ﬁtting headgear to PAS015 (ENS1384 are no longer allowed), or higher, whilst mounted anywhere on the Showground. Junior members are also compelled to wear them when competing in-hand. Grooms must wear suitable hats whilst attending in the ring.
13. Spurs are permitted for Senior riders only (aged over 18 years).
14. Excessive use of whips is forbidden and will result in disqualiﬁcation. Whips must be of regulation length.
15. Any person participating in any way at this Show who conducts themselves in a manner which may be deemed to bring the Show into disrepute, or who is acting in a way which may be abusive to any animal, person, oﬃcial, judge or steward will be disqualiﬁed from competing and will be escorted from the Showground.
16. Fall of a horse/pony in any class requires that the horse/pony is to be lead from the ring. The competitor will be eliminated.
17. No late competitors will be allowed into the ring in any ridden in class in which the initial trot round has commenced; likewise, for in-hand sections, no late competitors will be allowed into the ring after the ﬁrst horse/pony has begun it’s initial trot out.
18. Entry fees are non refundable under any circumstances.
19. The organisers and judges reserve the right to refuse an entry in the event of any unsoundness such as lameness, coughing or dangerous behaviour etc.
20. The ruling of Judges/Oﬃcials is Final. STARS reserve the right to substitute judges as necessary. Judges will be selected randomly from our panel of appointed judges on the day - should a judge have, or have had ANY interest in either an exhibit or exhibitor/owner/rider/handler then that judge must declare such interest and immediately stand down and a substitute judge will be used.
21. The Organisers reserve the right to amalgamate or substitute classes as deemed necessary. 22. Working-in mes must be adhered to for each section. NO lungeing will be allowed on the Showground.
23. Random Dope Testing may take place at this Show under the guidelines set down by the Jockey Club.
24. You must park where directed by ground crew.
25. Any person wishing to make a complaint, must do so on the day of the event, within 30 minutes of the alleged complaint, accompanied by a £50 administration fee, which will be refunded if the complaint is upheld.
26. All dogs MUST be kept on leads.
27. Push-chairs and prams are discouraged near any horses/ponies.
28. Oﬃcial walkways MUST be adhered to. NO persons are allowed in the horse walkways unless they are riding or leading a horse/pony.
29. Neither the Organisers, Landowners, Committee or Agents of the Show accept liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses/ponies, any person, owner, rider, handler, spectator, land or any property whatsoever, whether caused by negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever.
30. Exhibitors shall take good care of, and shall not cause any damage, or suﬀer any damage to be done to the site/showground or to any furniture, ﬁttings, equipment, stables or other property therein and shall be responsible to pay for any damage thereby (including accidental damage) caused by an act of neglect or in use.
31. Trophies are perpetual and MUST be returned in good, clean condition, duly engraved where applicable, by 1st September of the following year.
32. No entries will be accepted without the correct fee and First Aid contribution. The First Aid contribution is per rider.
33. Judging/scoring of classes: Ridden/In-hand”SHOW” classes: 50% Type and Conformation; 50% Ride or Show, Manners and Way of Going. : 30% Cleanliness, condition and correctness of tack; 30% Cleanliness and preparation of Best Turned Out pony; 30% Cleanliness, neatness of rider (and handler if on a lead rein); 10% overall impression. 50% Ability of the handler; 25% Suitability of age/height pony and handler; 25% Overall Young Handler: impression. 50% Rider’s use of seat and aids; 25% Rider’s position; 25% Suitability of partnership and overall Equitation: impression.
34. ALL COMPETITORS will be deemed to have read and accepted these rules as a condition of their participation.
SHOW GROUND RULES
35. Stables will only be available from 3.00pm on Friday 19th October.
36. Anyone wanting stable will need to prove, on arrival, that their horse/pony is up to date with all relevant vaccinations.
37. All fodder must be purchased from Aintree Racecourse. It is strictly forbidden to bring your own fodder. Two bales will be provided in the cost of your stable - if you require any additional bedding this must be bought from Aintree themselves.
38. The wash bays and solarium are only available to competitors who have booked a stable. Anyone using these facilities without having booked a stable will be disqualiﬁed from competition and will be asked to leave the showground.
39. Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly forbidden in the stable area.
40. Stables must be completely emptied by competitors before they leave the showground.
41. Anyone caught causing damage to any part of the show ground will be prosecuted and banned from STARS for life.
42. Horses MUST NOT be tied to the outsides of trailers or wagons on the car park.
43. Trailers and horse boxes must not be skipped out onto the show ground; please use the muck heaps provided. 18
44. All rubbish must be disposed of in the bins provided on the show ground; anyone found to have dumped rubbish will be ﬁned a £50 clean-up charge.
45. Lunging is strictly forbidden on the show ground.
46. Working-in me slots for the main arena are as stated in this schedule and will also be visible on a board in the show oﬃce.
47. Arena 2 working-in is only available to competitors who are in the following class in the main arena; allowing everyone the chance to work in arena 2 immediately prior to their class.
48. There is a working-in arena near the stables which is open to all competitors throughout the day.
49. Bridle numbers MUST be worn AT ALL TIMES in all three arenas.
50. STARS will have a bar open on the show ground. Please drink responsibly. Anyone who is found to be drinking to excess and behaving inappropriately will be asked to leave the show ground immediately.
51. Complaints of any description should be made directly to show oﬃce. If this complaint involves the behaviour of any other individual(s) this should be made to either the show oﬃce team (denoted by those wearing a bronze star badge) or to Security.
Equestrian venue details
Address Aintree International Equestrian Centre Ormskirk Road, Aintree, Liverpool Lancashire, L9 5AS Tel / Fax / Mobile 0151 522 2949 / 0151 522 2952 / 07770 334 507