BERRIEWOOD FARM LLP
General Rules & Conditions for All Open Competitions
1. It is a condition of ENTRY that all riders/competitors have READ and AGREED to abide by all the rules. Entries are
accepted at riders own risk. All riders must familiarise themselves with the course before use. All riders or their
representatives should report to office or collecting ring steward before taking part.
2. It is a condition of entry that to the fullest extent permitted by law, neither the organisers, nor any agent,
employee or representative accept any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners,
riders, grooms, spectators or any person whatsoever, whether caused by negligence, breach of contract or in any
other way. All persons attend at their own risk and are responsible for their own actions.
3. The organisers have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the Health & Safety of everyone present. For
these measures to be effective EVERYONE must take all reasonable precautions to avoid accidents occurring and
must obey officials and stewards. BODY PROTECTORS ARE COMPULSORY FOR CROSS COUNTRY JUMPING
ACTIVITIES AND FOR SHOW JUMPING IF RIDING A BERRIEWOOD HORSE.
4. The organisers must be notified in advance of stallion entries. No rider shall allow a stallion for which he/she is
responsible to compete or be prepared to compete in any class without taking adequate precautions to ensure the
safety of the riders or grooms.
5. Horses must NOT be left unattended at any time, unless inside a secure horse box, tying and leaving outside boxes
is not permitted. Haynets NOT to be fed outside horse box.
6. Only riders and one groom per rider are allowed to enter the warm up areas. Horses/ponies may only be ridden
in these areas if they are competing in the class in progress. Spectators and/or children are NOT ALLOWED in warmup or collecting area.
7. No unsupervised children are allowed on these premises. Parents will be held responsible for ALL children they
bring to a competition.
8. Practice Ring Fences to be jumped with the Red Flag/Cone on the right. No lungeing is permitted in the Warm Up Area.
9. Show organisers reserve the right to cancel any event, amend or amalgamate any class and refuse any entry. The
judges decision is FINAL.
10. BSJA or BD Rules for dress and saddlery apply unless stated otherwise, hats of the current standard must be
worn at all times by anyone mounted(or leading a horse if under 18 years of age), with the harness correctly
adjusted and fastened.
11. All riders under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult minimum age 18.
12. There will be no refunds once an entry has been made.
13. It is not permitted to ride bicycles or motor cycles on the premises. ALL DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON SHORT LEADS.
PLEASE CLEAR UP AFTER YOUR DOGS!!
14. Competitors are requested to confine their horses/ponies to the show area and not allow them onto Berriewood
Stable yard. This is to minimise the risk of spreading any infections to the resident horses/ponies. Please do not ride
on the airfield unless you have specific permission.
15. Horses/Ponies MUST NOT EXCEED WALK on the surroundings including Horsebox park and walkways.
16. Please respect the property; Berriewood is a family home as well as a business . Please pick up your litter and
put it in a rubbish bin or take it home with you. Please do not muck out trailers and horse boxes onto parking area.
ALL VEHICLE DRIVERS ARE REQUESTED TO PARK THEIR VEHICLES AS TIDILY AS POSSIBLE.
PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY PAST ARENAS. ALL VEHICLES ARE PARKED AT OWNERS RISK.
Please remember to answer Pony Club Branch Question as need this for those who qualify